Home     Site Map     Village Forum     Search     Help     About us

Home Churches Home Priory Home

Start West Courtyard Old College Hall Lych gate Sun Dial College Principals Celtic Cross Dixon & Steeple Jackson Olivary Monument Modern Graveyard Priory Paddock Dandy Walk Former Lady Chapel

Old College Hall

<<<<< Previous ---- Next >>>>>

Old College Hall

To the east along the path to the Lych gate, one gets a good view of the fine "Early English style" lancet windows of the Old College Hall. This was the Monastic Chancel, built in about 1190 and was roofless from the dissolution of the Priory in 1539, until 1816, when it was restored for use as the Theological College.

<<<<< Previous ---- Next >>>>>