Home     Site Map     Village Forum     Search     Help     About us

Home Churches Home Priory Home

West Door Font Area West End of Nave The Chancel Lady Chapel Sanctuary & Altar Willis Organ History Area Side Aisles Former Chapel Old College Hall

Font Area

<<<<< Previous ---- Next >>>>>

On the wall is a stone dated 1611, with what are thought to be churchwarden's initials. This may mark a repair or restoration of the Priory.

 

 

 

 

 

 

There are several interesting monuments, notably that of William Ainger, first Principal of the Theological College.

 

The marble font dates from 1855 and was originally in the nave of the church.

Church wardens' initials

 

 

 

William Ainger

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Font at St Bees Priory

 

<<<<< Previous ---- Next >>>>>