Home     Site Map     Village Forum     Search     Help     About us

Home Churches Home Priory Home

West Door Font Area West End of Nave The Chancel Lady Chapel Sanctuary & Altar Willis Organ History Area Side Aisles Former Chapel Old College Hall

The Chancel

<<<<< Previous ---- Next >>>>>

The huge space of the tower crossing now appears. This was restored by Butterfield in 1855, who inserted the cinquefoils in the transept walls, and designed the eye-catching tile work. The ceiling above is elaborately is painted to his design. Above is the ringing chamber of the belfry. The evening shot on the right shows the lines of huge Early English arches and the ceiling of the tower crossing. The Fox screen is seen in silouhette.

 

Priory Chancel

 

<<<<< Previous ---- Next >>>>>