Home     Site Map     Village Forum     Search     Help     About us

Home Churches Home Priory Home

West Door Font Area West End of Nave The Chancel Lady Chapel Sanctuary & Altar Willis Organ History Area Side Aisles Former Chapel Old College Hall

Lady Chapel

<<<<< Previous ---- Next >>>>>

This has some fine medieval windows, though the glass is Victorian.

The chapel is dedicated to St. Bega.

The two statues, of Mary with the Baby Jesus, and St. Bega, were placed here in 1955, and are the work of Josefina de Vasconcellos. They stand on two original medieval pedestals.

 

 

Johanna de Lucy

To the right of the altar is a medieval piscina for holy water.

Next to this is the grave slab of Joanna de Lucy who died in 1369. The Lucys were the Lords of Egremont.

Piscina

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

<<<<< Previous ---- Next >>>>>