Home     Site Map     Village Forum     Search     Help     About us

Home Churches Home Priory Home

West Door Font Area West End of Nave The Chancel Lady Chapel Sanctuary & Altar Willis Organ History Area Side Aisles Former Chapel Old College Hall

Side aisles

<<<<< Previous ---- Next >>>>>

Side Aisles Stained glass windows

Walk down the side aisles to get a better view of the Victorian glass. This is by William Wailes of Newcastle The South Aisle depicts the New Testament, and the North Aisle the Old Testament.

At the back of the nave, look up westward at the three large medieval lancet windows.

The West End originally had a gallery, built in 1820, which was removed when the first organ was installed here in 1863. The vestry is in the North Aisle.

All parish records, other than the current registers, are now in the Public Record Office in Whitehaven.

 

<<<<< Previous ---- Next >>>>>