The village of St Bees is just south of St Bees Head, the most westerly point of Cumbria, 50 miles from the Scottish border. It's a small, friendly community with a population of about 1,800. It has a history going back 1,000 years and has been a popular holiday destination for over 150 years.
It's well known for the Norman Priory dating from 1120 dedicated to our own Saint Bega (see logo above), for the 400 year-old St Bees School and as the start of the Wainwright "Coast to Coast" Walk.
There is a large sandy beach with a promenade and visitor facilities, and to the north are the towering red sandstone cliffs of St Bees Head; which is the only Heritage Coast between Scotland and Wales and an important seabird reserve.
St Bees is only a few miles from the Lake District National Park. It's an ideal base to tour both the Western Lakes and the other attractions on the Cumbrian coast.
The menu at the top left gives quick access to the more popular visitor pages. The community menu leads to over 400 web pages and 600 images.....This is one of the biggest community websites in Cumbria.....read on.
For news and events see us on the
St Bees community facebook page
Domain owned by St Bees Parish Council. Web design and content authoring is by volunteers.